AppleCare Shared Services Program Services Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Located in Austin, Texas, the Program Services Manager is an exciting opportunity to help define the strategy across AppleCare’s Shared Services program teams and is responsible for leading a team of Project Managers and a PMO Coordinator. The high visibility role will work with senior leaders across AppleCare organization. Our mission is to drive success and excellence for some of the most critical Contact Center programs.
- 3 plus years of experience in people management, people development and leading software development projects
- Experience with Contact Center programs is preferred
- Ability to plan and execute strategic program level initiatives
- Requires analytical mindset to successfully identify challenges, weigh up options and decide on effective courses of action
- Skilled at effectively consulting, communicating, and presenting across various levels of the organization.
- Ability to think beyond short-term wins and prepare team-members and broader organization for new challenges that arise from changes in scale and scope
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate discussions between the PMO, Operations, Quality, Development, and end users to deliver the best results
- Ability to gain agreement among those at various levels within the organization and successfully communicate across the Contact Center.
- Strong, solution-focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility supporting multiple programs of varying complexity and priority.
- Experience developing and maintaining new processes and procedures.
- Excellent cross-functional team management skills and experience
- Proven ability to assess business needs, prioritize accordingly, and escalate appropriately
- Willingness to travel as needed
- On call availability when needed
- Preferred experience with agile execution models
The AppleCare Support Programs Sustaining Team is responsible for driving the project planning cycle, managing the project budgets, and driving projects from inception through implementation for some of the Contact Center’s most critical systems and programs. You will be responsible for building and developing a diverse team of Program Managers and Business Analysts to ensure the scalability and reliability of these programs. You will be a key member of the leadership team and provide insight and direction for the overall strategy of the Contact Center tools. Through a number of initiatives we provide a holistic support structure to manage the full portfolio for Shared Services. Work with the Shared Services Program Managers and Product Owners to ensure they are set up for success as they seek to identify the future vision for their applications and programs. Lead the Capital Planning process for the Shared Services organization. Supervise the budget for the Support Technologies, Support Programs and Operations projects, ensuring BHUs are entered and approved on time, overall fiscal planning, and providing portfolio status updates. The team is also responsible for working with third party providers to identify relevant and unique development content for Program Managers in the Shared Services org. The team also manages a number of important program forums designed to ensure there is open and clear communication between a number of groups, both in Shared Services and beyond. Program Services team helps drive the key elevate GSO Initiative of Elevate every year. Manager will need to be able to drive various tracks in the team and be able to manage the Manage workshop. The team is also responsible for identifying tools that will enable the PMs in Shared Services organization to work effectively and efficiently. The manager of this team will need to ensure all functions of the team continue to be successful, while being flexible to identifying new ways for the team to grow and succeed.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree and/or advanced degree in relevant field required. Master Degree preferred. Experience with AppleCare Contact Center systems is also strongly preferred.