Software Linux Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We at Claris, a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., the leader in workspace innovation platform, are searching for a Linux Server Engineer with passion for developing highly scalable database server. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, result oriented person to design and build stable server with good Performance Scalability, and Reliability (PSR) used by large number of customers for mission critical applications. Enjoy the benefits of working in a fast-growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success.
- 3+ years of SW development, Server and Database experience
- Coding experience in a C-based language (C, C++), C++ 11 a strong plus
- Have a deep understanding of Linux programming, Ubuntu a plus
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and B+ tree
- Experience with network programming, web services, and remote procedure calls
- Experience with large scale software project and able to read dump files for root cause analysis
- Experience with Scripting languages (bash, Python, or equivalent)
- Security programming with encryption, integrity, and PKI, OpenSSL is a plus
- Knowledge of Machine Learning is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, project management, and other teams
- Fervently passionate and inquisitive, and seek to pursue everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are important to our customers
We have an established product line and large customer base, and we are advancing existing technologies and developing new and exciting products. This position located in Sunnyvale, California.
Education & Experience
BS/MS computer science, software engineering, or equivalent
- Results oriented and demonstrates high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Creative problem solver and excellent collaborator, who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Communicate quickly and effectively; vertically and horizontally through the organization.
- Influence others to get things done.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Handle ambiguity and solve problems despite uncertainties.
- Ability to lead large projects focusing on innovation, team work and results.
- Proven track record of achieving outstanding results in professional career.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, quick learner.