Battery Test Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This position is responsible for set-up, execution and reporting of product development and qualification testing associated with new lithium ion battery design and material validation projects. This position is expected to provide technical support and coordination for battery failure analysis and product / process improvement initiatives. The tasks of this position will be conducted both independently and in collaboration with design engineers and test engineers. The successful candidate is a dedicated team player who is tolerant of risk and uncertainty, thrives in a highly-technical, collaborative environment and has significant experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- 5 years of practical laboratory experience, ideally including the testing of lithium ion batteries and BMS.
- Working experience with lab software including automation and data processing tools (LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python, etc.). Able to handle, process and summarize large and complex datasets.
- Position requires working in both laboratory and office environment, collaborating with teams in remote locations and from different cultures.
- Strong Integrity, interpersonal skills, and with a collaborative style which earns the respect of peers, subordinates and clients
- Familiarity with governing regulatory standards is a plus
- Knowledge of battery test equipment (Maccor, BioLogic, Solartron, Kratzer) is a plus.
- Experience with high voltage test system is a plus.
Utilize existing equipment to test and validate battery cells, systems and related components under electrical, mechanical and thermal stresses. As needed, design and develop customized fixtures and/or protocols to enable highly accurate execution of these testing activities Highly experienced in a lab setting, bringing a can-do attitude with a willingness to take Participate in the definition, selection, procurement, commissioning and validation of new test equipment, both commercially-available and highly customized Compile and analyze test findings and present comprehensive technical reports Drive continuous improvement in standardized test protocols as well as in data acquisition, analysis and archiving systems Troubleshoot failed test protocols and product samples Perform battery cell and system teardowns as a key component of failure analysis and root cause investigation. Coordinate the participation of various internal and external groups in this activity Develop and adhere to lab safety protocols. Ensure compliance within lab to all regulations and good housekeeping practices. Conduct regular safety checks and audits of testing equipment Support maintenance and calibration of existing equipment
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline