Apple Pay - Software Engineer (Platform)
Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We are building the next generation systems powering Apple Pay. Working alongside a hardworking team of engineers our initiative is to build the strategic elements of the Apple Pay stack, enabling first to market features that differentiate our products.
- Significant experience in designing, implementing & supporting highly scalable systems and services in Java, Scala and/or other JVM-based languages.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL technologies or Data Platforms (see Additional Requirements below).
- Practical experience with Apache Kafka and/or Apache Spark.
- Self-starter with strong customer and product focus.
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, demonstrating problem-solving skills and a learning mentality to build long-term relationships.
- Working knowledge of governance/security concepts and technologies including (encryption, anonymisation, PCI, PII, ISO-8583, etc.).
We are looking for a team member with a strong foundation in computer science theory and proven experience. In this role, you will design, develop, and deliver components of a distributed system that is key to the Apple Pay stack. You will have a proven track record to solve problems, interest in continuous learning and digging deep into the domain when necessary. JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE: • Multi-functional collaboration throughout the entire software lifecycle. • Scoping, design, and implementation of scalable, resilient distributed systems. • Participating in design sessions and code reviews with peers to elevate the quality of engineering across the organisation.
Education & Experience
• BSc or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS AN ADVANTAGE:
- • Practical experience with Cassandra, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB.
- • Building and managing Data Pipelines.
- • Public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, etc).
- • Deployment experience using Docker and Kubernetes.
- • Relational data modelling & practical experience with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL etc).
- • Fintech experience.
- • Payments experience.
- • Open Banking.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.