Global Capacity Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Planning, Procurement, or Factory Operations.
- Work around ambiguities and follow through multiple requests with competing priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to executives effectively
- Must have critical thinking and see the big picture
- Talented at consolidating multiple perspectives and getting buy-ins from different teams
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Thirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
- Direct experience in long-term capacity planning a plus.
The role is dynamic and often has to wear multiple hats: focusing on big picture roadmap one moment and the minute details the next. Here are some highlights of the role: • Manage long-term capacity planning for modules & sub-components in a time frame of 9 months-3 years before launch. • Lead capacity executive reviews with discussions focused on vendor selection, CapEx requirements, pre-build strategy and sensitivity analysis. • Expand on the first-cut BOM from OPD and roll-up key capacity planning metrics, such as planned peak weekly capacity (PPWC) & ramp start, across all lines of business and commodities. • Represent Procurement as the point of contact during Flight Plan and highlight critical supply chain decisions tied to volume requirements to cross-functional leadership from Planning, Operations, Finance & Materials. • Present recommendations to leadership teams. Drive decision making to close Capacity/Demand gaps. Develop key measurement systems to ensure new capacity requirements are scrubbed and key decisions are made timely. • Manage the long-term MPS publication process including security requirements. • Lead training & provide resources to drive consistency in capacity planning across all teams within Procurement. • Partner with cross-functional teams, including Planning, Procurement, and Operations to influence the company’s product roadmap and demand scenarios. • Drive capacity goals that align with company initiatives and monitor industry trends and commodity capacity profiles.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree with minimum 3+ years of professional experience required. • MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Operations Management preferred.