Product Quality Engineer (6 month contract)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!! You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple products and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product. Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple's renowned designs. This is an initial 6-month contract position.
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in manufacturing and Quality Control.
- Exceptional ability to understand, present and communicate complex data across all levels in the organisation.
- Having worked as a quality professional in a manufacturing environment
- Shown ability to excel in a multi-functional environment.
- Having on-site Supplier Quality management experience would be great!
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Solid understanding of mechanical quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations.
- Experience with the development and evaluation of measurement systems
- Experienced in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T) practices with close attention to datum establishment and tolerance analysis Minitab would be an advantage.
- Project management experience with utilising problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analytical tools.
Partner with multi-functional teams to evaluate design and implement standard methodology quality management systems. Develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve results-oriented specifications at substantial production scale Develop and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools to evaluate cosmetic and dimensional part characteristics Compile and evaluate data to establish appropriate limits and variables for process and part specifications Lead activities to balance unparalleled quality with scalable yields Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the produc Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure alignment to Apple quality standards Evaluate and communicate yields of new and existing processes Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with both external and internal team members Lead overall Quality Management activities.
Education & Experience
Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology, or similar