Manager, Worldwide Supply Demand Planning Training
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated manager to lead training and help build business context for our new hires and developing team members.
- This is a highly visible and meaningful position, rich in creativity and cross-functional collaboration.
- This role sits within the WW SDM organization and works closely with Learning & Development (L&D), WW & Regional SDM/RO/Readiness Leaders, Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) and Central Innovation teams (CIT).
- The role requires strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and inspire support across all levels of the organization. It is highly recommended the individual has experience in Supply Demand Planning, Reseller Ops, or a similar role at Apple to help build context and cross-functional connection. Experience in training or Adult Learning Theory and in project management is preferred, but not required.
Develop a team responsible for designing, creating, improving, and managing the development and delivery of job-specific functional training content to a 200+ person organization. Implement methods and metrics to monitor the penetration and efficacy of training strategies, consistently evaluate and adjust trainings to improve accordingly. Partner closely with L&D to balance functional skills development with appropriate leadership and professional development curriculum. Engage closely with CIT and BPR to support, advise, and/or supplement training for upcoming projects and tools that improve how work is done by the team. Develop and present vision and progress of the team to key partners and senior leaders within the organization. Create clear plans and navigate ambiguity with teams to achieve goals in support of vision. Create awareness and advocacy of the team’s work, garner support through inspiring verbal and written updates within organization and outside.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Degree plus 5-10+ years of management experience MBA Desirable
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A persistent attention to detail
- The ability to exert appropriate influence in a highly matrixed organization
- The ability to maintain a focus on simplicity while dealing with complex challenges
- The ability to recognize, attract and develop talent
- Based in Cupertino, CA. Minimal Travel expected.