Cloud Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? At Apple, our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you'll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking prototype systems that contribute to the development of our world renowned hardware and software architecture. You and your team will validate that every product we make performs exactly as intended. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel that they can trust our devices every single day. The Cloud Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer within the Platform Architecture team will be responsible for building software systems to automate the testing and release of various pieces of software produced by the Platform Architecture team.
- Experience in a Systems Administration or DevOps role in an environment running production systems.
- Experience migrating applications into cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, AWS).
- Candidate must possess strong knowledge of Linux administration.
- Comfortable analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- Strong systems scripting skills (Python, Shell, etc.).
- Strong initiative and passionate about learning new technologies.
- Strong systematic problem solving skills and able to work in ambiguity.
- Passionate and inquisitive, solves everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Experience administrating source code repositories (Git/Gerrit) and CI/CD tools (Jenkins) a plus.
Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. Design and implementation of test automation frameworks. Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - maintaining virtualized infrastructure, software and application. Work with the team to design, build, and maintain core systems and management tools. Write tools, and leverage open source, to automate tasks. Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure improvements and process enhancements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.