Battery Abuse Test Engineer - Battery Pack Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The battery pack engineering team works on multifaceted structural, electrical, and thermal problems. You will help to test and drive the safety design of highly integrated batteries and have a major influence on product direction.
- Hands-on experience in lithium-ion battery abuse testing
- Experience in structural, electrical, thermal, and mechanical systems
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and general mechanical engineering analysis
- Experience in test fixture design and fabrication; 3-D CAD experience preferred
- Experience in sensor instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Experience in analyzing and managing test data from large data sets
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and design-of-experiment
- Great written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate well with management, peers, and suppliers.
- Flexible and comfortable working in a quickly changing environment.
You will be responsible for the design and execution of battery abuse testing to explore novel materials and new design concepts. Major tasks include test fixture design, test instrumentation/data acquisition, and data analysis. This role will work closely with product design engineers and simulation engineers to provide data-driven insights to optimize the safety design.
Education & Experience
BSME required, MS Preferred
- Knowledge in battery cell design and material characterizations.
- Experience with FEA and CFD simulations
- Proficiency in MATLAB and/or other data analysis and visualization tools
- Experience with LabVIEW programming is a plus