Pre-Silicon Metal Framework Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of our innovative products including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Apple Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and hardware drivers for the GPU and Display devices on all of Apple’s hardware. This team is responsible for advancing and designing Metal, a low-overhead graphics and compute API for GPU programming.
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- You have excellent programming skills and knowledge of C and/or C++
- You have a solid understanding of the graphics pipeline
- You have experience in GPU programming with any one of the APIs (Metal, DirectX, Vulkan, CUDA, Direct Compute, OpenGL, or OpenCL)
Do you want to help shape the next generation of Apple products? This team designs, tests and verifies the Metal API for features built into the next generation of Apple-Designed GPUs. You will apply your knowledge of computer graphics to build real-world graphics workloads that showcase the value of these features and analyze their performance in pre-silicon environments. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with industry specialists across Apple to design future generations of the Metal API, shading language, tools, and Apple Silicon graphics processors.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Knowledge of real-time graphics algorithms is a plus
- GPU Architecture knowledge is a plus