Internal Communications Strategist
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare’s Support Communications team is looking for an experienced strategist to coordinate internal communication planning and drive delivery of programs. The Internal Communications Strategist will work with internal partners to help advise, develop, produce and implement communication programs targeted towards AppleCare’s global employees. Responsibilities include developing communication plans and driving updates of plans and delivery with partners, tracking project status, managing project milestones, identifying bottlenecks, scheduling key reviews, presentation set-up and driving workflow and tool alignment among the group.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years working with teams in a multinational environment
- Solid understanding of Apple’s applications; Mail, Numbers, Keynote, Pages and Calendar
- Outstanding project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Flexibility in accommodating rapid change
- Strong content strategy and planning background
- Ability to be proactive and problem solve
- Ability to build and implement new department workflows, tools, and systems
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Experience working in a communications, marketing, or creative department
- Understanding and appreciation of the content development process
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Attention to detail, whilst understanding the bigger picture
With guidance from the Communications Manager, create and lead master FY Roadmap for communications team by quarter. Drive project milestones with team from project approval, through strategic development, content development and production to completion. Ensure schedules and roadmaps are communicated and shared with all stakeholders. Work closely with Communications Manager through planning process and update them regularly to handle resource allocation and changes. Set up and facilitate weekly team huddles and status meetings, tracking action items. Set up and facilitate monthly huddle meetings with key business clients including project managers, change managers and senior leaders to ensure all communications needs are planned and scoped for. Work with Communications Manager to prioritize and align team on daily, weekly, monthly focus, working together to solve conflicts ahead of time. Lead the scheduling and agenda for Communications partner status reviews. Work with Communications Manager and Team to define communications development process and structure of reviews specific to project needs. Facilitate communications team lead reviews and all connection points including scope, attendees, location, facilities, materials. Ensure that project materials are gathered and archived. Connect with Cross Functional and Production partners to share updates during communications development phase. When in reviews, take meeting notes and align with Communications Manager to distribute as needed. Lead team server logistics: set-up, communication, disclosure lists, folders, organization. Provide back-up support to comms team specialists in drafting and publishing communications during times of high traffic.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in communications or certification in project management preferred.
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Internal Communications Strategist starts at a minimum annual salary of $71,100. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.