Sr. Software Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. Our software provides storage at massive scale and with highest reliability to product teams at Apple. We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer with experience in developing large-scale services and infrastructure to join our friendly, collaborative team.
- A successful track-record and proven experience as a backend internet services software developer.
- Proven aptitude for building, launching and operating very large-scale production internet services.
- Deep knowledge of Java, Java libraries, non-blocking and thread safe programming.
- Understanding of C++ libraries and JNI integration a plus.
- Some exposure to structured or unstructured storage and caching.
- Understanding of file system handling on Linux.
- Experience with Web UI, including modern JS frameworks (e.g. React) a plus.Knowledge of continuous integration, testing methodologies, TDD and agile development methodologies.
- Open to pair programming.
We are building and supporting critical infrastructural systems and frameworks which provide and support services like structured and unstructured storage, caching, queueing, searching, and much more. These form the platform upon which many iCloud and other backend systems at Apple are built; they have huge scale and store exabytes of data. The platform will support a variety of services based on open-source software, such as Apache Cassandra, Zookeeper, Kafka, and Redis. We are looking for a curious, enthusiastic developer to join as a member of our collaborative team. This person will have the opportunity to directly impact the direction for the backend of many critical Apple internet services take for years to come. This person will also need to build working, collaborative relationships within our team and across teams at Apple. This engineer’s work will affect hundreds of millions of users and be essential to the success of some of the most visible current and future Apple features. Responsibilities will include: designing, building and maintaining the software & services to improve the feature set, availability, scalability and security of Apple's internal cloud infrastructure. Finally, engineers that are focused on building testable, maintainable code are a priority for this team.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD, in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.