Software Engineer - Large Scale Spatial Data Processing / Computational Geometry
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you searching for an opportunity that will challenge, encourage and make you proud? If so, our team would like to meet you. The Maps Data Geometry team is looking for an engineer to solve large-scale spatial problems. This role requires a unique combination of computational geometry knowledge, and high level distributed processing experience.
- Strong spatial aptitude and intuition for algorithm design
- Experience with computational geometry concepts (Voronoi diagrams, sweepline algorithms, etc)
- Experience implementing large scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with the unique challenges posed by parallelization of spatial algorithms
- 5+ years programming experience including Scala, C++, and Java
Our team provides end-to-end geometric solutions, from low-level algorithms to high level flows and distributed processing frameworks. We work on a variety of problems, from 2D polygon Boolean operations to 3D mesh processing. The successful candidate will implement challenging algorithms and parallelize them to run at an extraordinary scale. -You will design parallel processing algorithms with a strong focus on performance and robustness. - You will implement distributed code that will run efficiently on enormous spatial datasets. - You will architect flows and drive requirements for lower level library code. - You will review and consult on geometric architecture for multiple maps data teams.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in computer science 5+ years industry experience in GIS, EDA/CAD, computer vision, graphics, or related software