People Business Partner Director, Global Retail Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe the people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a unique opportunity to lead the People Business Partner team supporting the Global Retail Services organization at Apple. These businesses, individually and collectively, lead a critical and strategic imperative for the company, seamlessly integrating across Apple’s ecosystem, and bringing the highest quality experience our customers expect and deserve. What to expect: You will ensure initiatives and strategies are well integrated into regional and worldwide priorities and personally drive the adoption of a future orientated and highly inclusive work environment. You are an agile senior leader, an experienced executive coach and a trusted community steward to employees, leaders and executives. You are an ambassador of the Apple culture as well as a role-model of collaboration to drive sustainable innovation that enriches both our customers’ and employees’ lives. You are an integral member of the People and GRS leadership teams. You have the energy, drive, vision and sheer tenacity to develop a dynamic People function, deliver innovative strategies and work closely with all partners within Apple. You are an active change agent and part of a guiding coalition to further broaden our PBP operating model across Apple.
- You will have 10+ years of People Business Partner Leadership experience and have achieved a track record of consistent success with demonstrable leadership experience. 5+ Years experience in combination of OD, Change Management, Strategy and Leadership Development, and Inclusion and Diversity.
- Other important characteristics include:
- A desired qualification is People Business Partnership experience with Retail, Sales or Marketing organizations.
- Ability to effectively consult and support multiple, distinct client groups
- Advanced understanding of OD techniques and theory as workforce research and application
- Strong leadership skills, agile to adjust to other people’s needs and achieve impact through others
- Resilient and determined to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit
- Ability to build deep and business-relevant OD / consulting / coaching skills in others
- Excellent process management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to see the implications of actual and planned activities, adding value to leadership decisions
- Personal stature and gravitas to be credible with top management and approachable to employees
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills at peer and top management levels
- Flexible attitude and an ability to roll up sleeves
- Capable of operating effectively without the support of a huge People infrastructure
Organizational Development Based on strong business acumen, understands the needs of the organization to achieve maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Consult and influence senior leaders across an evolving matrix organization on key organizational and employee concerns. Provide advice and counsel to senior leaders on talent and succession planning strategies for the business. Change Management Ensure deep understanding of the purpose and impact of all ongoing change initiatives, both inside and outside of the People function for themselves, their team and business partners. Partner with and coach own team and senior leaders on building a change agile organization that embraces innovation and aspires to constantly evolve. Ensure outstanding employee and customers experiences as part of the implementation. Leadership Development Understand the learning and development needs of the organization and work with Apple University, Retail Learning and Development and other internal partners to secure and deliver appropriate training and development activities to the organization. Ensure the GRS People team is deeply proficient in all learning solutions and can comfortably facilitate training and coaching sessions to achieve maximum business impact. Talent & Performance Management Lead and develop a scalable and trusted People team that consults leaders, managers and employees on all performance related issues, including talent &, succession planning, performance reviews, recognition, performance issues, performance improvement and terminations. Employee Relations Partner with and support the Employee Relations function to consult with leaders, managers and employees on all aspects of employee-related issues, including manager and employee issues, policies and procedures, misconduct, investigations, terminations, reorganizations and claims. Ensure compliance with labor, employment and health and safety laws and regulations. Talent Acquisition and On-boarding Partner with Recruiting, Global Mobility and the various lines of business to assess and optimize talent acquisitions and on-boarding strategies and tactics. Ensure outstanding on-boarding experiences and efficient development processes for senior leaders, managers and employees across GRS. Compensation and Benefits In close partnership with the business leaders drive and deliver the annual salary planning process for GRS. Working closely with the compensation and benefits teams to develop and deliver C&B programs that are effective and efficient, aligned to our global C&B philosophy and provide a highly competitive Apple experience for our employees. Metrics & Analytics Design and implement practices to track and report key people trends and data. Integrate findings with business metrics to proactively identify opportunities across the business and People function and recommend programs and program enhancements as necessary.