Route Driver Supervisor
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Real Estate & Development (RE&D) is a diverse and forward-thinking group that manages Apple’s workplaces and workplace services. Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services (part of RE&D) is responsible for shipping activities at campus locations in Santa Clara Valley. We’re seeking an experienced Supervisor for a team of Route Drivers. In this role, you will establish operational objectives and work plans, delegate assignments to teammates, and review objectives with your manager to drive the success of the operation. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple.
- 5+ years’ experience in a fast-paced logistics facility or similar environment.
- 2+ years’ experience as a team supervisor.
- You have strong critical-thinking skills and are a proactive problem solver. You can see around corners and resolve issues before they become problems!
- You are a natural leader who stays connected to your team, partners, customers, and managers.
- Excellent communication, influencing, and listening skills. You communicate openly and effectively, while positively influencing the performance of the team.
- You take complete ownership, are highly organized, and have a track record of meeting deliverables—you don’t need to be reminded to follow-up and follow-through.
- Deliver high-quality results, with minimal direction, in an environment where expectations are high and timelines are challenging—you multi-task and prioritize, including daily re-prioritization.
- You focus on delivering phenomenal customer service and are responsive to emails, texts, and phone calls.
- You work well under pressure and maintain composure.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Apple products including iPads, iPhones and MacBooks; email and calendar software; logistics tracking and database software, such as BearTracks; Numbers or Excel; and Pages or Word.
- Ability to perform the following types of physical activities: lift up to 30 pounds; push/pull to move equipment; bend/stoop/squat/kneel; and reach above shoulders.
- Must be comfortable working in a warehouse environment.
• Embrace and promote Apple’s values and policies while exemplifying Apple’s standards around integrity and ethics. • Ensure job functions are performed in a safe manner and Environment, Health & Safety procedures are followed. • Stay updated on policies and be a specialist in all procedures performed by your team. • Supervise the team on the warehouse floor and in the field (doing ride alongs). Remain a presence and be in the details to ensure things are going well, recommend improvements, and answer questions. • Collaborate with management to build and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and train the team. • Conduct regular team meetings and 1:1s with your direct reports. Provide mentorship and guidance on areas of development, be comfortable engaging in challenging conversations, and celebrate key achievements and growth! • Approve time cards, write employee reviews, and give real-time feedback. • Perform Route Driver duties to cover team members during absences, enter packages into BearTracks, and assist with warehouse duties. • Remain flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. Assist with after-hours requests, as needed. • Complete other duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.