R2R GL Accountant
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to enhance financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. As the role of GBS evolves from finance services provider to strategic business partner, we are increasingly providing business analytics and advisory to support cross-functional leadership decision-making and strategy development. To support this evolution, We look for individuals with not only solid technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber R2R General Ledger Accountant to join our Shanghai-based team to develop and drive a strong control environment to maintain the highest standard of statutory controls and compliance; to partner with corporate and regional functional teams to meet deliverables that are aligned with key performance metrics and service level agreements defined with key stakeholders.
- More than 5 years of related commercial working experience in terms of US GAAP and L-GAAP accounting and reporting, of which at least 3 years are in an MNC environment
- Experience with the SAP system and system implementation or support experience would be a plus
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and PRC GAAP
- Problem solver who can critically analyze complex information and extract insights to drive business decisions and solutions
- Ability to break down business decisions into a detailed action plan and follow-through to deliver results
- Strong communicator who can build strong cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to influence appropriate outcomes
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude with a willingness to dive into the details to lead change with minimal supervision
You will manage accounting activities relating to month-end and quarter-end close to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting compliant with US GAAP and China GAAP, and report to the R2R General Ledger Manager. - Maintain accuracy, completeness and integrity of GL accounts and possess knowledge of general principles relating to regulatory compliance - Be proficient enough to identify challenges presented by the operation flows on accounting treatments - Ensure deliverables that align with key performance metrics and service level agreements (SLAs) with key stakeholders - Partner cross-functionally to develop a GBS analytics and insight strategy that supports regional and worldwide decision-making - Drive process improvements through innovation and challenge status quo so as to build consistent best-in-class systems and processes
Education & Experience
Degree in Accounting or Finance Good accounting or finance qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA, CICPA, CMA) and knowledge of US GAAP, PRC GAAP and IFRS A minimum of 5 years of financial accounting experience; a combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.