Electrical Lighting Integration Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking an electrical engineer to support integration of LEDs, LED drivers, microcontrollers, and communication buses of supplied electrical hardware. This engineer will be responsible for managing suppliers and delivering a fully validated system ready for volume production. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- 3+ years experience specifying, designing, integrating, validating, and releasing lighting into volume production.
- Experience with integrated LED drivers and LEDs
- Creating system architecture (block diagram, module interconnect, communication, and power)
- Authoring system level requirements
- Controlling change through a formal process
- Authoring system DFMEA and/or other failure mode analysis formal methods
- Authoring and negotiation of supplier Statement of Work
- Diagnostics / Prognostics
- Specification of diagnostic maturation strategy
- Validating diagnostics
- Writing and executing subsystems integration test plans before integration to final product
- Utilize imaging colorimeters, spectrophotometers, oscilloscopes, and other measurement equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software/mechanical issues in illumination circuits
- Create schematics, data sheets, and design documents
- Worst Case Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Simulation (SPICE / Simulink)
- Layout for signal integrity and EMC
- Hardware/software interface specification
In this role, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary team to develop and integrate hardware systems for future Apple products. The position requires the ability for independent precise detail design work as well as high level system understanding. Also required are excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. - Prototyping proof of concepts - Ownership of electrical designs - Schematic creation and layout responsibility - Bringup and debug - Hardware validation Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in EE - Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in related industry.