Site Reliability Engineer - Elk Grove, CA / Austin or Dallas TX / Denver, CO / Seattle, WA
Elk Grove, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you like the idea of running global services that are used by millions of passionate people all over the world? Do you enjoy working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you want to change the game?
- Strong knowledge of TCP, HTTP, DNS and SSL protocols
- Experience with distributed systems in a production operations environment
- Systems configuration management experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Systems monitoring experience with tools such as Nagios, Sensu, Zabbix, graphite
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages (Python, Perl, Java, bash, Ruby)
- Experience with devops tools, processes, and culture
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Troubleshooting of traffic flows at a deep level to find anomalies and to optimize performance
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality
We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals to join our team of Site Reliability Engineers. Help us build and run the traffic engineering foundation on which Apple delivers its services to customers around the world. As a member of the team, you’ll be responsible for the creation and management of cutting edge tools at internet scale. You will also work intimately with our internal customers - collecting then dissecting requirements, then ultimately engineering and delivering solutions. Come join us and see what it means to “Think Different”.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience