Thin Film / Etching Process Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do something different! Apple is seeking an enthusiastic engineer in display & sensing fields by leading investigation on nano-fabrication and optical coatings. You will work with both suppliers and internal teams to shape technologies that go into Apple products.
- Proficiency in dry etching process including hardware configuration, material properties and selection, pattern structure / feature size control
- Proficiency in Nano-imprint Lithography (NIL) process with hardware configuration , material properties and selection, pattern structure / feature size control
- Knowledgeable of thin film deposition and metrology methods (PVD, CVD, wet processing, XPS, SEM, TEM, AFM, XRD, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of optical metrology methods (Interferometer, Spectrometer, ellipsometry, etc.)
- Creativity and out-of-box thinking in solving problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate a cross-functional team
- Experience managing domestic and international vendors, plus the willingness and ability to travel up to 20%.
- Hands-on experience and consistent track record in relevant areas in thin film deposition and patterning industry, advanced process technology development, and associated equipment is helpful.
This position is focusing on the development of current and future Apple image and sensing products. You will make major contributions to innovative optical components including optical thin film coating and nano-structure fabrication for refractive and diffractive optical components . In this role you will take total ownership to drive technologies from R&D to implementation on real products with cross functional teams. You will also identify areas where optical nano-structure and optical thin films can improve display performance and customer experience, then design solutions to execute.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Material Science, Physics, Optics or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in related field.