Sr. Program Manager - PMO
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that creates new markets and revolutionizes entire industries. It is the diversity of our people and their ideas that fuel the innovation in everything we do, from amazing customer experiences to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple Operations is seeking an outstanding program manager to join its Program Management Office (PMO). The PMO is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, and executing critical supply chain and cross-functional initiatives globally. We are looking for a top-notch thinker, problem-solver, and communicator who thrives in ambiguity, rolls up sleeves, and executes to perfection. Are you someone who can lead change with high energy and strong collaboration? If so, this could be a great fit!
- 7+ years of experience in cross-functional, program management environments
- Expert level knowledge of program/project management and experience in leading a portfolio of programs with success.
- 5+ years of experience in leading cross-functional business transformation projects with globally dispersed teams.
- Understanding of consumer electronics supply chain functions and process flows (Forecast-to-Plan, Plan-to-Produce, Procure-to-Pay, and Order-to-Cash).
- Strong experience in consultative problem-solving. Exemplary skills in bringing structure to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Extraordinary influencer who is great at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program, and project levels.
- Inventive self-starter who always finds a way forward; eternal optimist with a committed drive for impact.
- Strong business acumen to comfortably dive into any area of Apple Operations, develop a deep understanding of business needs, and shape execution plans.
- Comfortable working with, presenting to, and facilitating decisions among senior executives based on evolving priorities. Able to ask the right questions and challenge the status quo.
- Proven strength in positions of leadership. Able to mobilize, inspire, and lead internal/external teams without direct authority.
- Highly analytical and visual, with mastery in presentation software (PowerPoint or Keynote) and Excel.
You will join the Apple Operations team as a part of the Program Management Office (PMO). You will lead PMO initiatives under the following five areas: • Strategy and planning: Portfolio strategy articulation, roadmap creation, annual and mid-year planning, resource planning, headcount planning, and professional services planning. • Portfolio execution: Project management, execution tracking, portfolio status reporting, budget management, and return on investment management. • Methodologies and tools: - Supply chain process taxonomy, project delivery methodologies, templates, checklists, and accelerators. - Program and project management applications, collaboration tools, and other portfolio management tools. • People development: Employee onboarding, internal/external training development, Knowledge Management, and event management. • Communications: Periodic management system execution, executive communications, quarterly business reviews, monthly portfolio reviews, and employee communications. In addition, you will get opportunities to lead high-profile cross-functional programs.
Education & Experience
(Required) A minimum of 10 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 5-7 years of experience with a Master’s degree. (Preferred) MBA with specialization in Strategy, Supply Chain, Finance, or Information Systems.
- • Understand Apple Operations strategy and engage in conceptualization and planning of initiatives to shape their execution.
- • Implement standard methodologies for project planning, execution, and reporting and help drive their adoption throughout the organization.
- • Drive and maintain senior leadership engagement and alignment, facilitating and supporting key decisions.
- • Drive planning and execution of large, complex, and strategically significant cross-functional initiatives.