Touch Validation Automation Software Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
The Touch Technology team develops cutting-edge Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPads, AppleWatch, and more. You will play a key role in developing software for validation and ensuring that the Touch Technology team delivers the world’s best multi-touch user experience.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++/Swift and Python.
- Proficient in SQL database design.
- Experience with data visualization and statistical analysis tools such as SpotFire, Tableau JMP, or Matlab.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork skills are essential.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development for data analysis and equipment control.
You will design and implement software solutions to automate processing of large amounts of touch sensor test and characterization data. Such data may come from state-of-the-art robotic equipment or from high-level software models. You’ll be capable of analyzing the requirements of an evolving product portfolio, working closely with hardware validation team members, while identifying opportunities to define a common processing methodology where possible. Develop test scripts to control robotics and lab test equipment, and to interface to prototype versions of new Apple devices during development. Lead innovative solutions to minimize bulk data transfer and processing time. Author reports and communications pertaining to key results and checkpoints. Maintain user documentation and training content for code. Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Hardware development, Test, Firmware and Algorithms to deliver robust and efficient solutions. Up to 15% travel required
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.