Senior Digital Merchandising Specialist, Value Propositions, Segments, and Programs
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Senior Digital Merchandising Specialist will play a key role in the Global Digital Merchandising team, partnering with various partners across Apple to oversee merchandising of retail value propositions, segment stores (Education, small business) and retail programs on the Apple Store Online. The right candidate must have demonstrated the ability to deliver innovative merchandising concepts and be an expert in best in class digital practices including customer journey, navigation, content briefing, visual merchandising, and performance merchandising. This role is highly collaborative, and we are looking for an experienced candidate to build, drive and execute an end-to-end merchandising strategy.
- 5+ years digital merchandising or equivalent experience
- Validated analytical and numerical aptitude; versed in site analytics and proficient in analyzing data for decision making
- Experience with merchandising tools
- High attention to detail and obsesses over customer experience
- Experience working closely with creative and UX teams to build customer experiences and define shopping journeys.
- Proven ability to influence across teams to drive innovation and results
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership
- Deep knowledge of the global retail industry and digital commerce trends
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization and planning
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness
Gather data analysis/insights from various sources including but not limited to; sales data, site engagement metrics, customer chat and survey data, to inform discussions and the development of business optimizations and merchandising briefs. Develop detailed merchandising briefs incorporating input from cross functional Retail partners including conversion analytics, EDU, SMB, buy flows, Product Management, DCM, Market Development and Regional leads, as well as Retail leadership and Product Marketing teams. Responsible for value prop recommendations, performance and optimizations in partnership with retail marketing (across direct mail, landing pages, campaign messaging, etc) Manage Value Proposition plan of record, ensuring consistency of messaging across various placements and pages and planning for messaging changes or optimizations as needed Regularly collaborates with regional partners to understand performance, merchandising needs, and to plan strategically at the regional and country level (e.g. variations of financing or delivery messaging based on country offering) Create detailed merchandising plans for Apple Store Online value prop placements on new or updated marketing pages and buy flows across markets, platforms and customer segment stores. Create holistic merchandising strategies, content refresh calendar, forward looking merchandising roadmap for segment stores in partnership with EDU and SMB teams. Support merchandising plans, optimization and customer engagement of retail programs and offers on the Apple Online Store. Create a merchandising assets deliverables tracker for Web, MOW and Apple Store App and work with merchandising team, partners, and leadership to prioritize based on scope and business/customer impact. Attend design reviews and provide feedback on merchandising asset designs and content, ensuring they are achieving the requirements of the brief. Participate in validation of content in staging reviews in order to execute detailed plans. Gather insights to share learnings with Product Marketing, Product Management, Marcom and Retail leadership, and make recommendations for future merchandising plans as well as short, medium, long term optimizations and roadmap. Write detailed merchandising requirements for future technical enhancements or needs (site, app, merchandising tools, etc) in partnership with various stakeholders and product management.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, MBA a plus
- Regular meetings with peers in Asia and Europe during overlapping business hours.
- Flexibility for occasional evening or weekend work during critical time periods.