Cellular Modem System Integration Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! The Cellular System Engineering Program Management group is looking for a hard working, motivated and enthusiastic Engineering Program Manager to take part in and drive Apple product development, supporting the dynamic and ever growing, cellular technologies across Apple’s product portfolio. In this exciting position, you will demonstrate both deep technical expertise as well as sharp program management skills. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest technologies and help deliver groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will be responsible for program management of the integrating cellular modem systems towards production. Ideally, you have validated project management experience and technical background in some aspect of cellular modem architectures, firmware development, and/or RF mmW system integration & validation towards production. You will work in a dynamic and international multi-site engineering environment, using your sophisticated multi-tasking skills and capabilities to handle challenges in real-time.
- 10+ years of experience with a track record of hands-on product development, program management, project management or engineering management in SOC/FW/SW domain.
- 5+ years of experience development in cellular modem systems integration.
- Good knowledge of wireless communications standards (5G-NR/4G LTE/ UMTS/GSM).
- Experience in delivering large scale commercial FW/SW with complex realtime features.
- Understanding of RF parameters impacting system performance especially in 5G FR2 mmW.
- Ability to lead technical teams and multi-functional international teams with clear objectives and delivery to schedule.
- Creativity in prioritizing efficient problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication at senior management level.
• Track project schedule for all work across project phases from firmware pre silicon verification and post silicon validation up to modem bring-up, validation, integration, field test, interoperability testing, and production ramp. • Drive closure of work package and test plan planning and execution, secure delivery quality in regression testing, own the release management, handle issues and drive bug resolution. • Anticipate risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution. • Provide regular project status presentations for executive reviews. Distill large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to partners and organizations at all levels.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical engineering