AR/VR Framework Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Are you ready to explore a new technology and product space with a hardworking and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking framework engineers skilled in building high performance interactive 3D software. An ideal applicant would have experience shipping mission critical components for computationally and graphically driven applications. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple's most sophisticated technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely exciting opportunity to craft products that will delight and encourage millions of people every day.
- - Proficient in Objective-C
- - Experience building iOS frameworks
- - Proven fundamental knowledge of software engineering techniques, methodologies and best practices
- - Ability to write scalable, testable and maintainable code
- - Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
As a member of our fast-paced group you will have the outstanding and exciting opportunity to work with a multifaceted and talented team. The successful candidate should be team-oriented, driven by innovation and possess the versatility to design and develop high-performance 3D frameworks in a rapidly evolving domain.
Education & Experience
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent - Minimum of 5 years proven experience
- - Experience developing latency-critical software
- - Ability to diagnose and resolve multithreading issues
- - Proficient in OOP and software design patterns
- - Good knowledge of data structures and established algorithms
- - Technical knowledge of memory, files, networking, threads and processes
- - Strong communication and teamwork skills
- - Good understanding of SDLC methodologies
- - Self-motivated, creative and a problem solver
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. AR/VR SW Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $105,600. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.