Autonomy Verification Software Architect - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
How do you verify an AI? Join a team of talented engineers who are defining verification and validation for safe autonomous technology! The Special Projects Group at Apple is seeking an accomplished software engineer to serve as an Autonomy Verification Software Architect. In this role, you will design innovative methods and tools to enable the analysis and verification of complex hardware and software systems. You will be expected to view problems from multiple perspectives and at different levels of abstraction, and to tackle them from multiple directions. You will think broadly, connecting ideas across multiple domains: software design, machine learning, data science, simulation – to name a few. You will structure these ideas into robust, scalable software architectures that clearly support the top-level goals of a large engineering program, and will communicate about them effectively with a variety of audiences. You will work with a team of domain experts to guide the implementation of your designs into internal software products that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable for years to come.
- Strong systems thinking, mathematics and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with designing and delivering complex software systems, preferably in safety-critical applications
- Strong software system modeling and analysis skills
- Excellent skills in C++ 11 or newer, Python 3.x
- Familiarity with modern libraries and frameworks for data analysis and machine learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Linux / macOS development environments
- A history of driving projects through the entire development lifecycle
As an Autonomy Verification Software Architect, you will design and build software to ensure that sophisticated autonomous products meet our high standards for safety and performance. • You will design methods and tools for efficiently and robustly verifying a complex hardware and software system • You will clearly communicate the strategic value of your ideas and drive alignment for their adoption • You will guide their implementation into robust and scalable solutions for a variety of internal customers
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Robotics or a related field Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.