Operations Reliability Engineer - iPhone
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 5-10 years minimum technical experience, including product and process reliability
- Highly skilled engineering professional with strong reliability knowledge
- Good understanding of product and process quality control
- Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Materials Degree; hands on experience in reliability testing, debugging, failure analysis and functional verification of modular components (display, camera, speaker, printed circuits, battery, buttons, vibrator, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in data analysis and interpretation
- Excellent communications skills
Apple seeks an individual with the skills to strategically identify and drive corrective actions for the top issues affecting the iPhone product family. Through deep investigation and strong collaboration with engineering, product development, operations, AppleCare, and the iPhone component manufacturers, we strive to provide customers an experience of enduring quality through these products so integral to our lives. This is a key role to drive ongoing reliability testing (ORT) for the iPhone. Strong presentation and organizational skills are critical. This position can require up to 20% travel to China or within US. -Lead operations reliability testing in the product development and launch process -Drive and manage standard methodologies and findings across manufacturing sites to improve ORT efficiency -Manage alignment and transition of reliability testing from NPI to MP -Research and strategically implement component, module and system reliability testing to continuously improve field product usage model during mass production stage -Working with commodity managers and supplier quality engineers to ensure component quality & reliability; making recommendations to improve design and test -Strategic identification and prioritization of issues identified in ORT and drive corrective actions through deep FA -Succinctly communicating technical updates to the executive team
Education & Experience
BS Engineering (EE, ME, IE), MS or PHD preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.