Legal Counsel - Global Supply Chain
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love tackling big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. At Apple, we are dedicated to making the best products on the planet. We have a fantastic new opportunity for a talented lawyer to join our team of diverse, creative, and hardworking people. As a member of the Products & Services Legal Group, you will work with Apple’s engineering, operations, and marketing teams to help create and introduce Apple products to the world. With passion, dedication, and a desire to tackle challenges, you will play a crucial role as we provide the legal support needed for Apple to continue to build cutting-edge technologies.
- 4-8 years of transactional experience drafting, negotiating and advising on technology agreements, including agreements related to intellectual property and supply chain
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to advise and build relationships with executive management, teammates, and cross-functional partners
- Strong analytical skills and business sense with the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Ability to develop and facilitate collaboration by cultivating relationships and effectively counseling and communicating with legal and cross-functional partners
- Self-starter who is curious, loves technology, and thrives in a dynamic environment
You will join a team of attorneys in the Products & Services Legal Group who support development teams, advising engineering and operations teams on a wide variety of matters, including technology development, intellectual property licenses, and supplier relationships. You will collaborate with other legal groups and cross-functional business and engineering teams to strategize on, draft and negotiate complex technology licenses, development agreements, license agreements, manufacturing agreements, and other commercial agreements. You will also advise Apple management on risk allocation/mitigation, business strategies, and policies.
Education & Experience
Requires a JD degree, excellent academic credentials and admission to at least one US state bar.