Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring enthusiasm and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Enterprise & Education Technologies team is looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to lead a variety of key initiatives that help our customers deploy and manage devices for families, schools, and businesses across the Apple ecosystem. Your leadership and ingenuity will be critical to our success. Are you passionate about building a world-class engineering team and fostering the growth of your employees? Do you want to manage products that are used globally every single day? Do you embrace ownership and accountability? Do you want to work hand-in-hand with great people across Engineering, User Experience, Marketing, Product, and Support in our mission to build beautiful user experiences? If so, we want you to join our diverse and impactful team!
- A proven track-record of leading, motivating and building strong software teams – enabling engineers to do the best work of their lifetime
- Attention to detail and a strong passion for quality – experience architecting, designing and developing high quality customer-facing software
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with multi-functional teams about various topics such as product requirements, user experience, system architecture, APIs and project schedules
- A deep understanding of software development lifecycle, methodologies, and best practices
- Strong architecture and system design sense – experience developing frameworks and APIs
- A demonstrable commitment to continuous self-improvement - a leader by example.
You are trustworthy and capable manager that can recruit great software engineers to work on your team, develop them appropriately, and guide them to work together and deliver amazing products for our customers. You are dedicated to our shared goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team that reflects the multicultural variety of our customers. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Lead and establish a team of high-caliber software engineers who have strong client and framework experience. You will instill an inclusive team culture and empower, challenge and coach team members to help grow their impact. - Define, prioritize and execute product development discussions and map functional requirements to technical designs and a project schedule. - Drive quality improvement initiatives and processes. - Review designs and implementations produced by engineers – be a trusted and constructive partner in technical discussions. - Communicate and drive decisions (written and oral) on various aspects such as user experience, technical design, privacy and security. - As part of our leadership team, you will use your management and technical acumen to seek opportunity and drive broad improvements across the organization.
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing software engineering teams. - Strong CS fundamentals and system design experience are essential. Whether you have a traditional CS degree or learned another way, we'd love to talk to you! - 5+ years of developing and shipping high-quality products