CSM Digital Design Engineer Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great designs are needed to enable great products and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this role, you will play an important role of assisting the system team in silicon architecture, taking that definition to drive implementation and methodology for custom silicon. The success of this silicon has significant impact on all our products.
- 10+ years of digital design experience. 3+ years of management experience in managing a digital design team.
- Drive and improve digital design methodology to meet high quality first-pass silicon. (Expertise in digital design methodology is necessary). Broad knowledge about Lint, STA constraints, synthesis, DFT, low power design, CDC, RDC, assertion based verification and formal verification.
- Hands on experience with silicon bring-up, characterization and debug necessary.
- Knowledgeable enough in all aspects of different types of silicon, including mixed-signal silicon.
- Must also have knowledge of the general industry trends and technical challenges.
- Experience in specific domain (MCU, SoC, FPGA) is a plus.
- Must be able to appreciate the challenge as the point person to hold high standards in engineering as well as helping to clarify requirements to enable high quality silicon.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Assist in architecture, implementation, verification and emulation of custom silicon. Tradeoff specific issues against system limitations. Help improve engineering requirements specification documents for custom silicon. Work with internal teams to assure that documents meet needs. Work with external vendors in developing micro-architecture, verification and emulation of custom silicon. Drive vendor’s methodology to meet Apple standard. Target to achieve bug free silicon to meet product schedule.
Education & Experience
BS required / MS or PhD preferred.
- Some travel may be necessary