Software Engineer - Apple Media Products, Core Services
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- Expert knowledge of developing scalable Java web applications with very stringent latency requirements.
- Knowledge of JVM or functional languages like Clojure.
- Self-driven; ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and agility to build features that span cross-functional teams.
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills coupled with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Exceptional debugging, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing effective unit and integration tests.
- Experience with Solr / Lucene or other NoSQL solutions (Redis / Memcached / Cassandra / Voldemort / MongoDB etc.) is a plus.
You will be part of the server team that powers customer-facing features within the Apple client applications - App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Books, Podcasts, MusicKit, iTunes etc. You will be working cross-functionally with various teams across Apple to deliver some really exciting features to our customers. Thinking about web service performance is a constant thing for us and we are searching for someone like-minded. If you are used to thinking about performance in terms of median, 95th percentile and 99th percentile, then we are looking for you! You would be someone who is not afraid to question assumptions, is a great teammate under tight deadlines and seeks problems with elegant technical solutions. Check out the MusicKit API! https://developer.apple.com/documentation/applemusicapi/
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science. At least 5 years professional software engineering experience preferred.