Data Products Program Manager - Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don't just create products — they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple Media Products (AMP) supports the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Books, Apple Podcasts, iTunes Store, Fitness and TV app lines of business. In AMP, we ensure the best user experience through world-class apps, editorial, and storefronts. AMP Data Products team is responsible for managing, aggregating, and connecting metadata to ensure that Apple Music experience matches that of Apple's world-class customer experience. AMP Data Products team is looking for a Program Manager. As a part of AMP Data Products team, you will be responsible for building scalable processes and partnering with different teams to deliver the best experience on Apple Services. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- Minimum eight years of experience working on data management
- Relevant experience and thorough understanding of complex content management systems and how metadata affects the user experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Results-driven with extraordinary attention to detail, remarkable follow-through, and an ability to focus on customer experience
- Project management experience including working cross-functionally and partnering with external vendors and suppliers
- Comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, decisive, and willing to own the hard calls
- Ability to facilitate productive discussions, build consensus within the team and with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to effectively interact and influence across all levels of the organization
- Ability to draw meaningful insights from datasets and translate them into high-level strategy and actionable tasks
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of Tableau and Splunk will be a plus.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, resourcefulness, and ingenuity in solving problems.
Handle complex projects to major milestones. Ensure that the execution of the project outpaces deadlines Effectively and consistently communicate project goals and provide relevant project updates to all partners. Plan dependencies and outcome of projects, reporting on progress while looking ahead to identify upcoming issues and work around them before impacting the project. Acquire a deep understanding of our data pipeline, from ingestion, integration to consumption, as well as our data management tools. Conduct assessments on our catalog to identify coverage and quality challenges; develop data-driven solutions to address these challenges at a large scale. Identify, evaluate, and procure potential internal and external solutions to improve our catalog health. Work closely with Engineering teams to implement new tooling and enhancements. Recognize and act on opportunities for automation. Gather and define feature requirements, propose solutions, obtain buy-ins, negotiate timelines, and track implementation progress.
Education & Experience