Senior Cellular Platform Software engineer (Sensors)
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Wireless Technologies team is looking for a highly motivated and strong technical lead to work on our next-generation products. The duties of this position will manage a team to design, develop, debug baseband platform software, and work with HW & SW multi-functional teams to deliver the features into next-generation products. CoreBSP Enablement team mainly responsible for CoreBSP SW enablement and handling of CoreBSP system-level issues that can bridge the gap between HW & SW Teams. This group deals with common HW&SW platform infra enablement for Pre-silicon and Post-Silicon SW enablement across all platforms and unblocking SW teams.
- 10+ years experience with Embedded SW Engineering.
- Strong expertise in the area of modem sensing drivers (voltage, resistor, thermal related sensors), clock, power control, voltage scaling, SPMI, SCM etc.
- Understand and accept the challenges related to performance and thermal, collaborate with other teams to overcome those challenges
- Work with internal and external team for driving requirements, defining architecture, design, implementation and bringing validation framework.
- Drive multi-functional teams on resolving everyday system level issues in innovative ways throughout the product development cycle.
- Passion for guiding team for creating highly reusable software models, sw and delivers good quality software on-time, used across many different apple products
- Highly motivated, self-directed, hardworking and owns end to end responsibilities
- Results-oriented, dedicated & critical thinking capabilities with long term strategical aspects.
- Issue tracking, organising and reporting risks, status
Lead CoreBSP enablement team for CoreBSP components (Hardware Dependent SW components that include Boot, CoreDrivers, Memory & OS components). You will work with multi-functional teams throughout the product development cycle from collecting CoreBSP SW requirements, testing, debug, and enabling/testing Platform SW flows both in Pre-Si and Post-Si environment. In addition, you will collaborate with HW & SW teams across Apple to define and collect the Platform SW requirements and solutions for cellular products. The ideal candidate should exhibit problem-solving skills with appropriate attention to detail, strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Embedded software development of low-level hardware drivers in Assembly/C/C++
- Debug experience using Emulators both on Pre-Si & Post-Si platforms
- Defining, Reviewing, and generating SW System Level Test content
- Experience in using Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and Protocol analyzers