Business Development / Strategy & Planning Lead - Apple Media Products (Apple Music, TV+, Arcade, News+, Fitness+, iCloud, and Apple One)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come be a part of one of the fastest growing businesses at Apple! Apple’s Internet Software & Services team is seeking an experienced, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial individual with a passion for media and entertainment to help massively grow its Services business, including Apple Music, TV+, Arcade, News+, Fitness+, iCloud, and Apple One. The Business Development / Strategy & Planning Lead will support global growth efforts with a focus on developing new business opportunities, establishing deal frameworks, uncovering ways to optimize existing partnerships, as well as helping drive analyses of key strategic projects. The role will also drive forecasting, modeling, and performance for Apple Services global BD channels (e.g., Carrier, Retail, Connected Devices, etc). This high-impact role requires a highly motivated and experienced team player with great attention to detail who is able to work with multiple teams to meet hard deadlines. The candidate will help drive cross-functional projects that expand our Services growth opportunities and evolve our BD channel capabilities and thus will include frequent interaction with key internal and external partners. Internally, this role will work directly with leaders and teams across Apple including product, marketing, finance, analytics, operations, and engineering. The candidate must also have excellent presentation and communication skills. This role will be highly visible within the organization since senior leadership depends heavily on this team’s analyses to drive important business decisions globally.
- Minimum experience of 5 years ideally with time spent in corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting and/or similar strategy and planning functions in a global, fast-paced organization
- Experience with media content and subscription businesses
- Outstanding analytical skills; ability to conceive, structure, perform, direct, and effectively communicate sophisticated data analysis
- High level of enthusiasm, innovation and dedication with ability to adapt easily to change and multitask
- Ability to coordinate, lead, and influence cross-functional teams across all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with senior executives, including via formal presentations.
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel and Keynote; knowledge of SQL and Tableau a plus
Conduct complex strategic analyses to drive strategic business decisions on new business initiatives and dealmaking Research, size and prioritize recommendations of new business and partnership opportunities Collaborate closely with partner managers to identify key KPIs and growth drivers, and provide insights to help drive success within channels Perform economic analyses of content distribution deals Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities relevant for business performance Provide executives with business reporting and insights on a regular cadence and ad-hoc Collaborate with analytics, data engineering and operations teams to define performance metrics and reporting structure for new channels and partners Build and manage annual and long-term business plans and forecasts
Education & Experience
BS or BA required MBA or equivalent degree a benefit
- Collaborate with business leads in setting strategic priorities and goals