Service Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! As Engineering Project Manager for our HW process engineering team within the AppleCare organization, this is an opportunity to lead the development of new product repair strategy, process, and readiness. The role involves very cross-functional program deliverables, schedules, and scope spanning factory, hardware development, technical deep-dives, take-apart assessments, etc. Our team is technically accomplished, organized, personable, and driven, going deep into technical intricacies as partners with multidisciplinary engineering teams, quality & safety teams, vendors and contractors. With your proven experience, you will help drive the conceptualization, design, and execution of repair strategy, as well as recognize, assess, and communicate cross-functional issues and risks. . You are a creative problem solver who is articulate in your reasoning, assessments, and actions!
- 5 -10 years of industry work experience in one or more of the following areas: Operations, New Products, Product Development, or Service/Operations Engineering.
- Ability to deep dive into technical issues.
- Solid track record of developing and implementing repair solutions, including definition, qualification, and deployment.
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with shown creative and critical thinking skills.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development processes.
- Detailed project tracking and track record of meeting deliverables.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional engineering and integration teams.
- Good coding / scripting skills (C / C++, Python, Perl, Unix, etc).
- Strong skills in Excel, JMP, MiniTab.
- Demonstrates a “can do” approach to problem solving. Humble. Graceful under fire.
- Familiarity and experience interpreting Engineering Spec documentation and parametric data collection.
Developing and delivering repair strategies for products. Involves design of experiments, deployment of experiment, and interpretation of data for validation. Lead cross-functional development of repairability scope, deliverables, time-lines, and execution. Prepare materials illustrating project status and data assessments. Coordinate design reviews; communicating top engineering issues to development teams, project teams, and management. Understand and communicate complex, technical, engineering issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ensure tight inter-team coordination/communication and end-end visibility. Tackle technical problems both independently and with co-workers. Serve as mentor to other team members.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in a technical field is required. Equivalent experience is acceptable.