Systems Software Engineer - OS/Orchestration
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what we could do together. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. We’re looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, and if you feel this is you, we’d love to hear from you! This is your chance to put a dent in the Universe. Our organization is responsible for building powerful platforms that enable internal engineers to deliver incredible experiences to customers. Join this team and you’ll collaborate with world-class Apple engineers in Cupertino, London and across the US to build and deploy systems that support Apple’s world-renowned hardware and software architecture.
- Proven systems programming skills and knowledge of OS tools
- Fluent: one of Go (golang), Swift, or Objective-C in addition to scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Expertise: in containers (Docker, LXC, containerd, rkt) or virtualization (KVM, Hypervisor.framework, Virtio)
- Collaborative: you excel in a multi-functional organization through clear communication, consistent delivery, and relationship building
We build a platform that underpins user & CI interactions against thousands of Apple devices spanning hundreds of different hardware models. Leveraging our device-centric API it is possible to request and drive interactions with a device all the way from low-level hardware bring-up (custom firmwares & kernels) through to automating the UI to test Apple’s cloud services via XCTest. In this role, you will: • Work cross-functionally to add & maintain support for new hardware models, platforms & software • Improve the scalability, availability, usability, security, and performance of our services • Adapt and build on cloud technologies and industry best practices to solve challenges unique to Apple workloads • Partner with SRE to triage, investigate, and remediate production issues
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent related experience. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Experience in the below is a plus:
- • Languages: Go (golang), Swift, C/Objective-C
- • Cloud technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Networking
- • Virtualization technologies: KVM, Virtio, Hypervisor.framework
- • Automation technologies: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, WebDriver