Senior Manager, Executive Branch Government Relations
Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Senior Manager will help develop and maintain Apple’s engagement across the Executive Branch on a full suite of policy issues. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how policy making works in this branch of government, outstanding communication skills, and an understanding of the issues facing Apple.
- Experience developing and implementing politically diverse advocacy campaigns on the federal level. State and international level experience are added value.
- Knowledge of the technology industry and political landscape.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to concisely summarize policy issues and advocacy points.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous work environment and lead change laterally across organizations using influencing skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who must enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Teammate and willingness to pitch in when necessary.
Design and implement an engagement plan, working with both internal and external partners. Develop and maintain relationships with key offices and individuals within the Executive Branch. Effectively communicate policy priorities and to key partners and provide feedback to internal teams. Draft policy and background materials for relevant meetings and engagement. Develop relationships within the company to identify emerging policy issues, maintain coordination, and maximize existing in-house expertise to enhance policy objectives. Gather intelligence and assists in the preparation of position papers, policy briefings, other materials.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred Typically requires a minimum of 10 years experience in government, government relations, or other advocacy/engagement roles.