Display Module/Optical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Display Module/Optical Engineer to lead the development and qualification activities to design and develop innovative Flat Panel Displays used in iPad products.
- The candidate will need to have minimum 3 years of hands-on experience and proven track record in the design and development of Flat Panel Displays.
- Demonstrated ability to perform LCD or OLED design & validation is a must.
- Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display products preferred.
- Proven track of record in LCD or OLED panel design & process in mainstream flat panel display industry.
- In-depth knowledge of LCD TFT, LC cell design or OLED and production process.
- Experience in working directly with mainstream LCD or OLED vendors is preferred.
- Excellent project managements, written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required.
- Simulation capability (ZeMax/LightTools) is preferred for display optical engineer
This individual will serve as a focal point among iPad system mechanical and EE team, display optical and EE team, supply management team and display vendors, managing all engineering activities vital to deliver displays into final products from initial design concept. The individual will be responsible for the overall display module development acting as Direct Responsible Individual - Investigate up-to-date Flat Panel Display technologies and generate innovative ways to further improve Apple iPad display optical performances - Define and review the overall module optical/electrical architecture (LCD or OLED) & performance requirements / specification - Define & implement meticulous validation plan for a total display optical performances - Analyze the optical film stack related failures and LCD / OLED cell related failures to improve the performance of display device - Work with system engineering team to understand system and validate display modules at system level - Work with project teams and supply base throughout product development phase and support the initial product ramp - Work with multi-functional team to do failure analysis on LCD / OLED defects / front of screen issues
Education & Experience
MS in Physics, Optics, EE or ME with minimum 3 years experience, or BS degree plus a minimum of 5 years experience