Technical Lead, Ad Platforms
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are looking for an ambitious individual who can thrive in an agile environment. You will develop distributed systems and apply cutting edge algorithms and ML models to improve relevance across a range of advertising applications. The position involves large scale data infrastructure building as well as the capability to do big data analysis; detecting meaningful data patterns, assuring the integrity and breadth of the data, measuring user, campaign and app performance, and finally analyzing the results of extremely large-scale experiments. In addition, the successful candidate will also apply advanced ML techniques for federated learning where privacy mechanisms are safeguarded at the very onset and delightful relevance experiences are built by applying encryption techniques, on-device segmentation, advanced language models, ranking algorithms by utilizing the best of aggregated server and on-device data.
- 5+ years relevant experience in Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning or Statistics.
- You should have experience in software development using a general purpose programming language (e.g., C/C++, Java, Python, C#, Objective-C, and/or Swift).
- Previous experience in any of the following: 1.) Privacy preserving machine learning algorithms. 2.) Developing Risk models for Ad Fraud and Spam Detection. 3.) Developing Anomaly Detection models. 4.) Developing ML based approaches for Search and Advertising, is highly desired.
- Ability to take requirements from design through to implementation both independently and with larger teams.
- Closely working with operational teams on deployment, monitoring, management concerns.
- Experience in distributed machine learning architectures and/or federated learning.
- Any prior experience working with a public cloud environment such as GCP, Azure or AWS is an added advantage.
You will have the opportunity to work on a platform with extreme scale and performance requirements. You would be applying your skills to work across the stack to develop, test, deploy and maintain ML based software solutions. Develop machine learning models using relevant technologies such as Tensor Flow, Py Torch, machine learning and image processing libraries. Implement and adapt deep learning architectures, such as GANs. You would participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
Education & Experience
- MS or PhD in Engineering or Computer Science or Mathematics or Physics or a related technical field. - Hands on experience working in a matrix organization and providing technical leadership to a team of 3-5 junior engineers. - Demonstrated experience in architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant technical impact. - Interest and ability to invest in continual learning of new technical and soft skills