Senior QE Manager, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. We are a team of passionate scientists and technologists, dedicated to helping publishers and developers find their audience, and changing the way advertising works with data. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! As a leader, you will be given the responsibility of building, overseeing and automating the quality of few backend components for our system. In this role, you will manage a team of Managers and technical Test Developers and will work side by side with Development to fanatically ensure high quality products for our customers. This position is located in Cupertino, California or Austin, Texas and will report directly to the Head of Quality Engineering.
- You have a strong experience building and leading large distributed organizations and managing managers.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through people and across an organization, forming relationships, collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to create, drive and support automation test strategy. Dedication to delivering great software and releasing it quickly, efficiently and with increasing quality.
- Strong experience in integrated, end to end systems and testing methodologies.
- Experience developing in Python or Java, familiar with databases, SQL, and scripting languages. Understanding of REST and RESTful services. Solid foundation in computer science, with proficiencies in data structures, algorithms and software design preferred.
- Proficient in refactoring, test automation, emergent design, testable and modular code, and build infrastructure.
- Working experience utilizing Continuous Integration concepts and streamlined delivery of code.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build relationships, collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams within your area of responsibility.
We are looking for an exceptional hands-on senior manager who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include managing the quality of a high performant ad serving system, and for machine learning backend systems. The position also involves developing a keen understanding of the ad network behavior; helping to build next generation of quality frameworks that can analyze data at scale! You will be accountable for overall design and implementation of testing strategies, review testing infrastructure and data to ensure proper validation of code. You will need to assess and communicate risks based on product complexity, resource and/or timeline constraints.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS or PhD preferred.10+ years in leadership roles. 15+years in quality roles. 10 years of development and/or test automation experience. Experience in network programming and/or developing/designing large software systems.