Employment Law Paralegal
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love challenges without precedent? Do you possess a passion for innovation and enjoy working in the legal field? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards. You’ll help provide legal support for our US Employment Law team, working on a variety of legal matters, from claims and investigations, to agency charges, mediations, arbitrations, and litigation. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed across the US. Apple’s Employment Law team seeks an exceptional individual to support our team attorneys with a variety of responsibilities.
- 8+ years litigation experience
- 3+ years employment law experience
- Understanding of state and federal court rules
- Experience with eDiscovery, document review platforms, and electronic document handling
- Understanding of protective orders and electronically stored information stipulations
- Experience handling civil third-party subpoenas
- Ability to manage and prioritize due dates and deadlines on multiple matters
- Experience working with attorneys to develop case organization and management
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Corporate in-house experience a plus
The Employment Law team is a global team responsible for defending Apple employment and labor law matters, and has a strong proactive partnership with the People (HR) and Employee Relations teams. The Employment Law team is responsible for a variety of legal work, including responding to civil third-party subpoenas. In this role, you will work with our US employment attorneys, litigation and eDiscovery teams to support, collect and manage data in a forensically sound manner. The successful candidate will be a diligent and dedicated contributor who can manage processes and procedures, innovate and be progressive with discovery and litigation management. Preference for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area, but the position has possibility of working out of Apple’s Austin office.
Education & Experience
Paralegal Certificate or Associates degree in legal studies from ABA approved program
- - 5+ years of relevant experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- - Capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- - Excellent organizational skills, and a drive to improve processes and tools.
- - Excellent interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and team environment.
- - Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Excel