Product Manager, Identity Management Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking a Product Manager with a technology background to join our world-class Identity and Access Management (IAM) Services team. This is a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment where they will work with business and engineering teams to deliver software solutions from its design to release. A solid track record of delivering technical solutions, especially through software engineering, is thus highly desirable. A Product Manager for this team should be able to participate in defining and driving new product initiatives in any layer of Apple’s identity and access management stack. They should be equally passionate about platforms and end-user features regarding security, identity, and access management. They must also be obsessively data-driven and strive to measure every aspect of the lifecycle of the product or solution. Despite possessing a remarkable product intuition, their decisions must always be based on data and evidence and must be always communicated transparently to stakeholders. We need someone who is exceptional in prioritization, manages all the details and always sees the big picture. They should be able to think on their feet and efficiently debate the validity of a given approach for any aspect of projects or features or products under their control. We are looking for a professional who is a detail-oriented, organized self-starter, who is self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility. A background in identity and access management concepts is helpful.
- 5+ years of proven experience in Identity and Access Management.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a software engineering environment.
- Hands-on experience with information security in large enterprise environments
- Strong data analytics background with the ability to query data and interpret statistics
- Familiarity with web services and Java-based technologies
- Extraordinary written and verbal skills and the ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive meetings and discussions about requirements, design, progress, and status.
- Familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware
Drive and ship transformative features for Apple’s identity management ecosystem Deliver and maintain product roadmaps in multiple verticals while continuously review and prioritize product backlog Collect and review business requirements, and set expectations for requested services Define success criteria and key performance indicators in early stages of features Continuously review QA test plans and coverage of features Drive the product rollout, support aspects and collecting feedback from customers Deliver communications on product roadmap, status and concerns to team members, management, and other partners
Education & Experience
At a minimum, BS degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or any related engineering field is required. An MS or MBA with similar focus would be preferred.