Apple Pay - Software QA Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to the team and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple services are an essential part of the Apple experience. Our users rely on services such as ApplePay, iTunes, the App Store and much much more to communicate, to access powerful applications, and to build, store and protect their memories seamlessly across all their devices. We strive to improve user experience by avoiding unnecessary friction. You will perform continuous quality analysis and provide internal tools to help ensure that quality of the products we ship to customers are of the highest standard. The group comprises teams of Software Developers, Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists that focus on crafting and implementing fraud prevention mechanisms, systems and tools to guarantee that new devices, software and features in our services, provide the safest experience to our customers.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodology, and testing tools
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting.
- Outstanding programming skills in Python, Java , Scala , Swift or similar language.
- Experience developing and maintaining automation systems that scale.
- Experience with Jenkins or similar CI systems
- Experience testing applications built for mobile devices.
- Experience with crafting, running and troubleshooting native builds (objective C, C++, swift)
- Experience with SCM branching, merging, pull requests.
- Knowledge of operation systems, network and compiler concepts.
- Strong software testing fundamentals and familiarity with Black Box, White Box and Performance testing
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly and take corrective actions.
As part of this team, you will establish, implement and evolve the formal QA processes to ensure that the group is using industry accepted standard methodologies. Design and develop the testing infrastructure i.e. testing tools, test frameworks , test reporting mechanisms to test software and services. Integrate the testing infrastructure with the continuous integration and continuous deployment systems to ensure all of the tools, services developed are properly tested and meet the quality goals. Write different types of tests i.e. Unit, Integration , acceptance tests for existing and new projects so as to ensure a bug free and hit quality of software is delivered to customers. Stay knowledgeable of new testing tools and strategies and evaluate the technologies to incorporate into the projects.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with restoring OS images for testing on desktop and mobile devices.
- Proficient with Git and other version control systems.
- Experience managing the build & release process for iOS/MacOS projects is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Hive and other big data tools, in addition to the key qualifications is a bonus.