Apple Media Products Engineering, Apple TV Services
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
- You'll bring expert experience with Java or equivalent object-oriented languages
- We want over 5 years of crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend applications
- A deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs
- Ability to design and establish coding patterns/standards across multiple code repositories
- You will mentor team members on writing code that is efficient, maintainable and testable
- Proven track record to re-architect an expansive code base while transitioning to technologies/frameworks
- Meaningful experience with NoSQL & big data technologies like Cassandra, Solr, and Kafka
- Shown grasp of multi-threaded programming concepts
- Ability to thrive with highly collaborative, multi-functional projects that are high profile and critical to Apple TV!
The Apple Media Products engineering team is seeking a hardworking Senior Software Engineer to develop and build features driving the Apple TV programming. We are hiring a self-starter who is daring and is willing to question assumptions. Excellent written and oral skills are a requirement. You have experience developing large-scale, server-side systems using object-oriented languages. We are looking for a teammate who wants to take on problems under deadlines and deliver forward-thinking solutions. Here's your chance to join a dynamic team and to break new ground on our video editorial platform! You will have the courage and experience to be frank and results-oriented but humble enough to listen to others. We want your thoughts on how we can move faster, be more creative, and deliver tools and ideas to empower developers around the world. We expect you to challenge the status quo, to care about the details, the end user, and how it all comes together. In this role, you'll be responsible for building new features, data models, and user workflows. You will collaborate with our Apple Design team to bring projects and features to life. In addition to delivering extraordinary new Apple TV features, you will partner with the rest of the Apple Media Products engineering team to deliver incredible products to support our partners.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.