Lead Systems Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is seeking a Lead Systems Integration Engineer for the Hardware Systems Engineering Team. This entails working with cross-functional groups to design and deliver an integrated functional system. This person will work with a modeling team and multiple module teams to architect, design, bring up, verify and validate systems for products and prototypes.
- Bachelors or higher Engineering degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering 10+ years professional engineering experience
- Must have experience in testing and validation of complex systems, systems engineering and/or systems integration
- Experience with model based design tools like Matlab/Simulink Knowledge of ECU fault reporting and diagnostics.
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Strong communication skills.
Designing an integrated prototype to meet specified goals Working with cross-functional teams to resolve technical and schedule conflicts Writing electrical and functional test description based on requirements, ensure consistency, completeness and traceability. Resolving trade-offs between subsystems and modules Functional and electrical bringup of the integrated system as modules come together Debugging system level issues and support module owners to solve the issues Work cross functionally with other leads and report to higher level managers.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher Engineering degree, preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Hands-on experience in system prototype bringup, debugging and functional verification
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with vendors and contract manufacturers
- Experience with DFMEA and functional safety concept
- Experience with communication protocols like CAN, LIN and Ethernet
- Hands on experience with validation planning and reporting tools