Senior Digital Merchandising Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Senior Digital Merchandising Specialist, will play a key role in the Global Digital Experience and Merchandising team, partnering with various stakeholders across Apple to lead the merchandising strategy, planning, and tooling, supporting some of our most visible pages on the Apple Store Online. The right candidate must have demonstrated the ability to deliver innovative merchandising concepts, have experience with developing digital visual merchandising plans, and be a specialist in best in class digital practices, including customer journey, navigation, content briefing, merchandising story telling and continuous analysis of shopper-led, data driven insights, with a meticulous test and learn approach. This is a highly collaborative role that requires exceptional abilities to develop effective cross-functional relationships, establish new processes, and the ability to operate at a strategic level while executing perfectly.
- 5+ years digital merchandising or equivalent experience.
- Validated analytical and numerical aptitude; versed in site analytics and proficient in analyzing data for decision making.
- Experience with merchandising tools.
- High attention to detail and obsesses over customer experience.
- Experience working closely with creative and UX teams to build customer experiences and define shopping journeys.
- Proven ability to influence across teams to drive innovation and results.
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership.
- Deep knowledge of the global retail industry and digital commerce trends.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization and planning.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness.
This role will lead the content planning and editorial calendar for a series of high profile pages on the Apple Store online. Oversees content prioritization, assesses merchandising requests, works with Engagement team, Retail Marketing, and IS&S to incorporate their plans for the page. Writes marcom briefs for new page content and assets, manages flight plans and execution. Analyzes page performance and collates customer insights/research for future content plans and page development. Sets global page priorities, manages AMR country versions, collaborates with regional teams in EMEIA and APAC for localized approach. Coordinates with DCM for updates/changes, owns content validation for AMR Pages. Gathers insights to share findings with Digital Experience and Merchandising teams, Product Management, Marcom and Retail leadership. Makes recommendations for future merchandising plans as well as short, medium, long term optimizations and roadmap. Collaborates with Digital Merchandising, Future of Digital and Product Management teams on tooling and technological capabilities of the pages.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, MBA a plus
- Regular meetings with peers in Asia and Europe during overlapping business hours.
- Flexibility for occasional evening or weekend work during critical time periods.