Senior Digital Merchandising Specialist, Apple Brand Accessories, Home & Audio
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
This individual will be the merchandising business owner for Apple Brand accessories, Audio, and Connected Home. The role is responsible for driving sales across all our digital platforms through attach and recommendations, merchandising story telling and continuous analysis of shopper-led, data driven insights, with a meticulous test and learn approach. This role is highly collaborative and we are looking for an experienced candidate to build, drive and execute an end-to-end merchandising, attach and recommendations strategy.
- 5+ years digital merchandising or equivalent experience
- Proven analytical and numerical aptitude; versed in site analytics and proficient in analyzing data for decision making
- Experience using merchandising tools
- Experience with personalized merchandising
- High attention to detail and obsesses over customer experience
- Proven ability to influence across teams to drive innovation and results
- Deep knowledge of the global retail industry and digital commerce trends
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization and planning
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness
Strategically merchandise product recommendations across all our digital platforms (Desktop Web, Mobile Web, Apple Store App, syndicated apps) in various merchandising placements including but not limited to: store home page, product family commerce pages, buy flows, bag, post-purchase, accessory pages, product detail pages, syndicated commerce pages. Identify storytelling opportunities throughout the shopping journey and work cross-functionally to build strategies and execution plans. Partner with retail stores merchandising team to ensure strategic alignment across accessories assortment and prioritization, key storytelling opportunities, product information processes, and content validation. Partner closely with regional teams to identify global, regional and country specific merchandising strategies and opportunities. Utilize merchandising tools to implement merchandising plans, understand how to strategically lead the use of curation and automation. Gather data analysis/insights from various data sources including but not limited to: sales data, site engagement metrics, customer chat and survey data, to inform discussions and the development of business optimizations and merchandising briefs. Build weekly, monthly, quarterly, and launch over launch performance reporting, and conduct ad-hoc business analyses, drawing insights and key opportunities for driving toward unit/revenue sales and attach targets. Provide regular executive updates on performance and optimization activities. Collaborate with Conversion Optimization team to identify and plan A/B testing opportunities within accessories attach and product recommendations experiences. Define merchandising requirements for future technical enhancements or needs (site, app, merchandising tools, etc) in partnership with Merchandising Technology lead and Product Management. Oversee quality assurance of accessory product compatibility information and taxonomy. Participate in validation of content in staging reviews in order to execute detailed plans.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, MBA a plus
- Regular meetings with peers in Asia and Europe during overlapping business hours.
- Flexibility for occasional evening or weekend work during critical time periods.