AI/ML - Media Domains Backend Engineer, Siri Search and Information Intelligence
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Siri Search helps hundreds of millions of people find the information they’re looking for, and a key part of that mission is helping them quickly find and discover content that they will love. Whether they’re installing the newest apps, streaming their favorite album or finding showtimes for a movie playing in theaters, our users rely on us for quick and easy access to popular media. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products from Apple. We are looking for people with experience in building rich search experience powered by sophisticated, high-performance data ingestion pipelines. The Siri Search team is bringing together domain experts from a diverse array of fields such as machine learning, distributed systems, natural language processing, user interface, and software engineering to contribute to our vision of search.
- You have 2+ years of experience writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
- You want to deliver innovative new products to our users, and can design and build the systems to support them.
- You are proficient in two of following languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java, Scala
- You have experience with RESTful services and supporting production environments
- We partner with a variety of cross functional teams across the company. You will need excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively
- You have experience with Hadoop and extensive experience w/ SQL and NoSQL databases
- You have experience with data transformation pipelines
- You have worked with large scale search and machine learning systems
Apple’s Siri team is seeking a Software Engineer who will play a central role in developing search features for media domains including apps, music, movies, tv, podcasts and books. This includes developing and managing the data ingestion pipelines and machine learning algorithms we use to power our results to the finest details in our final UI. As a member of our fast-paced group, you’ll have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products from Apple. We are looking for people with experience in creating rich user interfaces powered by sophisticated, high performance backend systems. THE POSITION HAS THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES: - Architect & develop end to end systems to drive new capabilities in the media domains. You will be responsible for the entire backend stack, from data ingestion and processing to query performance and product design - Collaborate with teams across Apple to ensure features are fully integrated across different platforms - Work closely with operations and project management teams
Education & Experience
MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience