Test Engineer, Packaging PD
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, the customer experience extends beyond the product itself. Packaging is often a customer’s first experience with our brand. There is a universal happiness in unboxing Apple products, and each detail of that experience is crafted and curated by a passionate team that is continually pushing the boundaries of design, engineering and materials. We do this with an unwavering commitment to protect our products and leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a Test Engineer to join the Packaging Product Design team. Test activities span from material investigations to mass produced products and touch every category our company has to offer. Your exposure to the company will be broad. Close cooperation with internal team members and cross-functional groups throughout Apple will be required. The job is based in Cupertino and will require travel to international sites about 20% of the time.
- New product development in a fast-paced engineering environment
- Ability to quickly grasp issues and drive them to resolution
- Remotely running multiple projects at once including oversight of activities at third-party vendors
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with peers and leaders
- Reporting technical details concisely, including good written and spoken English
- Solid understanding of mechanical and manufacturing design including, but not limited to: tolerance analysis, design for assembly/manufacturability/test and metrology
- Proven track record of working with external and internal teams to complete plans and analyze data into measurable results, balancing quality and schedule
- Develop tools and automated test systems to collect analytics on design parameters - Create an array of test and inspection data, metrology measurements and failure analysis metrics to benchmark design performance - Statistically analyze data to provide risk assessments, translating data to advise leadership on the best path forward - Build positive relationships with OEM and supplier teams, driving those teams to execute validation plans and data analysis to a very high level of quality
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Packaging, or related fields.