AC/DC Design Engineer (Wireless Power)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This is an excellent opportunity to work on the forefront of power delivery designs and technologies with the exemplary company consistently bringing innovations in the industry. In this position, you will be part of developing innovative designs, which are implemented in products used by millions of people. The position involves state-of-the-art off-line power supply’s development for Apple’s next generation Macintosh and Home platforms spanning from, desktop computers, workstation, Apple TV, HomePod and standalone displays
- MSEE in power electronics with and/or 5 years experience MUST.
- ➢ Candidate must have hands-on experience of power supply design and possess deep knowledge of offline conversion topologies including Flyback, PFC, resonant converters and analog/digital controls loops.
- ➢ Candidate must be intimately familiar with power supply safety and environmental certifications, offline controllers, components, magnetic design, power supply layout and state-of the art techniques for efficiency optimizations including no load/light load efficiency techniques.
- ➢ Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
- Must possess good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges. Must possess knowledge of high volume manufacturing technologies and production variance
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams is extremely important
- Proven track record of working in fast paced innovative work environment
- deal candidate is with work experience in computer industry and/or power supply module companies
- Must be willing to overseas travel as needed
1) Participate in core architecture investigation while working closely with Power architect; Select best design option for power metric performance optimization including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost, reduced carbon foot print and scalability 2) Lead Power supply design concept definition in collaboration with cross-functional team and power supply module vendors in some cases. 3) Provide design simulation, calculations and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome 4) Provide design risk assessments, mitigation plans, development lessons learned and proof of concepts 5) Provide design Schematic and BOM; Work with layout team for power supply layouts. Conduct design and layout reviews with cross-functional teams. Adhere to robust design methodologies for successful project execution. 6) Provide prototypes test and validation results, document multi-dimensional activities. Hands-on work in lab is must. 7) Keep abreast of state-of-the-art technologies and Perform competitive bench marking for each project 8) Provide technical support for production issues debug and resolutions 9) Conduct power supply seminars and training for cross-functional teams 10) Spread head innovation thru exemplary behavior and team work
Education & Experience
MSEE in power electronics with and/or 5 years experience