Senior Specialist, People Support
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People Team, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of hardworking visionaries and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by aiming to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow expertly and support them in work and life. Join our People Team and help support the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Human Resources working across multiple services such as Employee Relations, Payroll, Policies, Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits etc. You are able to demonstrate critical thinking skills while providing guidance on a case.
- Ability to assess risks and determine the most appropriate path forward to resolution.
- Obsess over the employee experience and view each and every inquiry as an opportunity to care and support others. You create methods to keep an eye on quality and coach the team every step of the way.
- You can navigate highly complex business needs without a clearly defined path and where you see a need, you bring a well thought solution.
- You love details and are action oriented. You use data to tell a compelling story of successes and opportunities. Creating action plans and driving improvements is something you enjoy.
- Experience with enterprise HR systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Workday, etc).
- You have previously worked with MacOS or have a strong desire to learn.
We directly impact the employee experience every day through providing expert care and support to all Apple employees around the world. Our team is the first point of contact in the resolution, partnership, or routing of needs related to the employee support experience. We provide personalized support and a centralized administration for employment related programs (e.g., Benefits, Time Away, HR Systems, Payroll, Employee Relations and Employment Records). The Sr. Specialists are a highly collaborative and cross-functional team who drive team readiness, deliver training, partner with program owners, and coach the support team on meeting a variety of unique employee needs. We track program performance and provide relevant insights to program leaders to drive improvements to improve the employee experience. - Responsible for ensuring team readiness for the implementation of global program offerings in alignment with key events throughout the year. - Serves as the liaison between People Support and Program Managers while also providing guidance to Specialists to support employee questions concerns - Lead engagement with internal support partners and key teams to ensure our knowledge management systems are current and effective. - Design and deliver training on new programs and changes to Apple process and policy across multiple lines of business and countries. - Responsible for Specialist coaching and feedback related to program case handling and effectiveness. - May directly research and resolve employee support cases as needed. - Apply exceptional analytical skills to determine the level of support required and work cross-functionally with subject matter authorities and leadership to resolve unique challenges, and resolve critical issues. - Takes ownership for creating an exceptional employee experience for all employees and positively impacts the company culture. - Review web based content for accuracy with responsibility for submitting updates and influencing improvements. - Lead and coordinate business reviews with global program owners while aligning on commitments to follow-up actions. - Participate and/or lead global projects or process improvements while approaching opportunities with creativity and fresh ideas.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.